Submit your candidacy by February 22, 2021
Are you ready to shape the energy storage industry to meet ESA’s Vision of 100 x 30?
The Energy Storage Association’s (ESA) Nominating Committee is seeking candidates interested in being considered to serve on the Board of Directors. This is a critical time for both the organization and the industry. After an uncertain 2020, the industry is poised for continued growth over the next several years. This incoming set of Board members will serve to ensure that ESA grows in step to realize this potential.
Raise your profile as a key leader in the industry.
Since the ESA board is individual-based, not company-based, we are seeking dynamic candidates that can provide the organization with strategic guidance, membership-focused networks, and commit the time and energy necessary to ensure strategies are executed. Additionally, the Board is always focused on representative diversity of the organization’s leadership to reflect the growing breadth of our membership across the storage value chain and the evolution of the energy storage industry.
All interested individuals should complete the candidate questionnaire using the guidance provided below. The final candidates will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and then voted on by the membership at the virtual Meeting of the Members on Wednesday, April 28, 2021.
- Must be a representative of a Full Member in good standing.
- Must be willing to fulfill the legal, fiduciary, and financial responsibilities of a Director.
- Must be able to participate in telephone interviews with the Nominating Committee between March 15-19, 2021.
Expected Level of Commitment:
- Serve a two-year term beginning in April 2021.
- Attend regularly scheduled Board meetings typically lasting two hours; approximately two in-person Board meetings; monthly Committee meetings lasting 1 hour; and special meetings, as called.
- Actively participate in the affairs of the Association, discussions, review of materials, and willingness to serve on or Chair at least one Committee of the Board.
- Accomplish additional activities as needed.
Please review: Expectations of an ESA Board Member.
Top Ten Basic Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards (BoardSource 2009)
Ten Basic Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards (BoardSource 2009)
The deadline has passed to submit candidates for the 2021 election.
If you have any questions, please contact Becca Dietrich, Vice President, Operations (email@example.com) at +1-202-293-0537.