Submit your candidacy by January 31, 2020
Are you ready to shape the energy storage industry to meet ESA’s Vision of 35 GW by 2025?
The Energy Storage Association’s (ESA) Nominating Committee is seeking candidates interested in being considered to serve on the Board of Directors. This is a critical time for both the organization and the industry. After an expansive 2019, the industry is poised for continued growth over the next several years. This incoming set of Board members will serve to ensure that ESA grows in step to realize this potential.
Raise your profile as a key leader in the industry.
Because the ESA board is individual-based, not company-based, we are seeking dynamic candidates that can provide the organization with strategic guidance, membership-focused networks, and commit the time and energy necessary to ensure strategies are executed. Additionally, the Board is always focused on representative diversity of the organization’s leadership to reflect the growing breadth of our membership across the storage value chain and the evolution of the energy storage industry.
Special note: This year, the Nominating Committee will propose a full slate of four (4) candidate to the Board and to members for their approval at the Annual Conference & Expo, April 8-10, 2020. A slate approach better ensures that the new Board will retain its balance and diversity, while also making the process more efficient for candidates.
All interested individuals should complete the candidate questionnaire using the guidance provided below. The final candidates will be reviewed by the Board of Directors and then voted on by the members at the ESA Energy Storage Annual Conference & Expo, April 8-10, 2020 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Must be a representative of a Full Member in good standing.
- Must be willing to fulfill the legal, fiduciary, and financial responsibilities of a Director.
- Must be able to participate in telephone interviews with the Nominating Committee between February 17 – 21, 2020.
- Must be committed to attending the ESA Energy Storage Annual Conference & Expo, April 8-10, 2020.
Expected Level of Commitment:
- Serve a two-year term beginning in April 2020.
- Attend regularly scheduled Board meetings typically lasting two hours; approximately two in-person Board meetings; monthly Committee meetings lasting 1 hour; and special meetings as called.
- Active participation in the affairs of the Association, discussions, review of materials, and willingness to serve on or Chair at least one Committee of the Board.
- Additional activities as needed.
Please review: Expectations of an ESA Board Member.
How to Submit Your Candidacy:
- To submit a nomination, please complete the Candidate Questionnaire by Friday, January 31, 2020 at 12:00PM PST and submit to Becca Dietrich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Confirmation of receipt of your nomination will be provided via email.
- Late or incomplete nominations will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact Becca Dietrich, Vice President, Operations (email@example.com) at +1-202-293-0537.
Current Board of Directors:
Chairman of the Board
Sales Leader, Energy Storage, North America
John D. Hewa, P.E.
Vice President Corporate Services and Chief Operating Officer
Craig R. Horne, Ph.D.
Immediate Past Chair
Senior Director, Energy Storage
Jacqueline M. DeRosa
Vice President, Battery Energy Storage
Peter Muhoro, Ph.D.
Vice President, Strategic Industry Research and Analysis
Executive Vice President of Business Development
Vice President of Market Applications
Zachary Kuznar, Ph.D.
Managing Director, Energy Storage and Micro-grid Development
Director of Market Development and Policy
Energy Storage Program Manager