- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How do we use your data?
- How do we share your data?
- External Links
- How do we store your data?
- Rights of European Residents
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Contact Us
What data do we collect?
ESA collects the following data:
- Name, IP address, twitter handle, and LinkedIn profile
- Employment and company information including work email address, work phone number and work address
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide ESA with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Become an ESA member and sign up for our Member Portal.
- Register online or in person for events, services or products such as conferences, newsletters, webinars and white papers.
- Voluntarily complete a survey or contact us via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
ESA does not knowingly collect or use any personal data from users under 13 years of age.
How do we use your data?
ESA collects your data so that we can:
- Manage your account.
- Email you with information important to your business.
- Host industry events you may be interested in attending.
- If you are a member of ESA, we list company name and company contact information to compile an Online Membership Directory for the personal and professional use of ESA members. This directory may include your individual name if your company indicates that you are the primary, business development, government relations or communications contact for ESA membership. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in the Directory. Online access to the Directory is password protected and restricted for use only by ESA members and organizational staff. If you serve on an ESA Committee, your name may be listed as a member of that entity. We may include your name, photo, and quotations and/or video for member testimonials, with your permission.
How do we share your data?
We may share your data with other organizations that are co-sponsors or co-presenters of an ESA event. lf you are a non-member, we will also use your email address for ESA-related promotional purposes. We do not disclose your email address to non-related third parties for marketing purposes. We also share information within ESA to improve service to our members and to enhance our organization’s effectiveness.
ESA may also provide your personal information to service providers or contractors to perform functions on its behalf, such as, but not limited to, companies or individuals hired to: communicate news; deliver ESA’s promotional materials via email and direct mail; assist with organizing, operating, or marketing ESA events; promote ESA’s social media presence and activities; develop, enhance, market or provide any of ESA’s products or services; process credit card payments; and assist ESA with sending communications and performing other marketing and support functions. Also, ESA may use third-party social media platforms, including third-party social media websites, to communicate with you.
We also may share with third parties aggregated demographic and statistical information that is not personally identifiable.
You may opt-out from the sharing of your personal data by contacting us.
How do we store your data?
We are committed to taking reasonable efforts to secure the information that you choose to provide us, and we use a variety of security procedures to help protect against unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal data. We restrict access to personal data solely to our employees, contractors and servicers who need to know the information to operate, develop, or improve our services. We use a hashed and salted login to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. ESA also securely stores your data in cloud servers hosted by certified third party vendors. These vendors include iMIS, Constant Contact, RegOnline, ReadyTalk, and other services that help us provide value to you.
Unfortunately, no transmission of personal data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, ESA cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online services. ESA has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. If you have questions about this Policy or the security of your personal data, please contact us as indicated under the “Contact Us” section below.
We retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
ESA would like to send you information about events and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop ESA from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to anyone else.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
Rights of European Residents
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of your personal data and to verify that we are lawfully processing it. There may be a small fee for this service.
Request correction of your personal data. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. You may have the right to request that personal data we hold about you is deleted.
Object to processing of your personal data. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your personal data.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data. Where technically feasible, we will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
Withdraw your consent. However, if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and
visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you
automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – ESA uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – ESA uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes.
ESA uses the following cookies
Cookie Source: Google Universal Analytics
- Cookie Name: _ga
- Purpose: This helps us count how many people visit the Site by tracking if you have visited before.
- Expiration: 2 years
Cookie Source: LinkedIn
- Cookie Name: BizoUserMatchHistory
- Purpose: Tracking LinkedIn users on ESA sites: Collection of metadata such as IP address information, timestamp, and events (e.g. page views). All data is encrypted.
- Expiration: 6 months.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
ESA keeps this Policy under regular review and places any updates on this web page. Your continued use of the Sites will be deemed to be your agreement to the changed terms.
If you have any questions about this Policy, the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Call us: (202) 293-0537
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.