Long Duration Storage: Where are We Now and Where are We Headed?
This webinar will review the several energy storage technologies that can provide reliable energy beyond the durations that are presently commonplace. These technologies meet many existing needs, from power during grid outages to helping utilities and large users meet peak demand by using storage to shave peak load, thus reducing or eliminating the need for power from fossil-fuel peaker generation. They also represent foundation technologies for developing future, longer-duration storage solutions.
Participants will learn about:
- How several long-duration storage technologies compare on cost and performance
- Suitability of different long-duration storage technologies for various business and utility use cases
- Drivers of long-duration storage technology development and implementation
- Fabio Albano, Ph.D., Head of R&D, NantEnergy
- Lakshmi Srinivasan, Senior Systems Engineer, Lockheed Martin
- Jamie Hussman, System Optimization & Analytics, Highview Power
- Sharon Thomas, Policy Manager, Energy Storage Association