Storage Around the World
Energy storage can offer significant solutions to the energy needs of emerging economies; in this webinar, participants will hear about two programs helping to enable storage around the world. The World Bank’s Accelerating Battery Storage for Development program seeks to foster storage investments in low- and middle-income countries in order to improve grid stability, assist deployment of renewable energy, and reduce emissions, investing in projects and supporting the necessary policy and regulatory changes. The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s America Crece initiative assists Latin American countries enhance energy and infrastructure security and helps U.S. companies contribute towards the energy needs – including through energy storage – of these countries.
In this webinar participants will learn:
- What these two programs are doing to leverage energy storage as a solution to the energy needs of low- and middle-income countries, and what they are doing to inform and educate about storage.
- Why energy storage is a key part of the energy and infrastructure objectives of these two organizations.
- How U.S. companies can get involved with the America Crece initiative – both to inform that effort with their energy storage expertise and to learn about opportunities for expanding into Latin American markets.
- Opportunities for participating in World Bank procurements for energy storage and contribute to capacity building.
- Mitchell Silk, Acting Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Fernando de Sisternes, Energy Specialist, The World Bank
- Zuzana Dobrotkova, Senior Clean Energy Specialist, The World Bank