Energy Storage and NERC Standards: Storage as an Inverter-Based Resource and Registration for Storage Resources
The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) develops standards for the reliable operation and planning of the bulk power system, including the interconnection of new resources. But how, or under what terms, NERC standards apply to energy storage systems with unique performance characteristics as both a load and a source of electricity is unclear.
This webinar will both address efforts underway to ensure reliable interconnection of energy storage to the bulk power system as well as potential applications of NERC standards to energy storage.
In this webinar, participants will learn:
- How NERC standards for inverter-based resources are likely to be applied to energy storage systems in the future
- Under what circumstances might energy storage resources be required to register with NERC as a Generator Owner/Generator Operator
- How an owner or operator of a standalone energy storage system can navigate NERC registration
- Michael Goggin, Vice President, Grid Strategies LLC
- Jill Loewer, Senior Compliance Analyst, Utility Services Inc.
- Dan Kopin, Compliance Analyst, Utility Services Inc.
This recorded webinar is available to ESA members only. Sign up to become a member today!