ESA Webinar: Utility Planning and Storage Procurement
This webinar is now available as a recording. Nonmembers can register here to access the archive. Members please click here to access the archive directly through the Member Portal.
Utilities are proposing to procure dramatically increased amounts of energy storage, as indicated in recently issued integrated resource plans. Whether in response to ambitious state-level storage targets or due to improved economic analyses that accurately reflect the value of storage investment – or both – the burgeoning utility demand for storage solutions represents a significant portion of the growing front-of-the-meter storage market.
A clear understanding of how utilities consider and analyze storage options can help the industry effectively serve this growing market. This webinar will provide answers to key questions such as:
- How do utilities formulate investment plans, and how does storage fit in?
- What refinements in utility analysis lead to more accurate valuation of storage?
- How do utility planning approaches vary across use cases and applications?
- How do utility resource plans change over time and translate into actual RFPs and projects?
- What is the role of state public utility commissions in approving the resource plans?
A panel of three experts will explain how and why utilities decide to invest in storage:
- Zachary Kuznar, Managing Director, Energy Storage, Microgrid and CHP Development, Duke Energy
- Benjamin Inskeep, Principal Energy Policy Analyst, EQ Research
- Suma Jothibasu, Engineer Scientist, Electric Power Research Institute
REFUND POLICY Registration fees are non-refundable, but a substitute attendee will be accepted. Please contact the Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESA MEMBERS: Click here to access the archive. (Please note you must be logged into the Member Portal.)