ESA engages with officials at the White House and across the Departments to educate on energy storage technologies markets and inform federal activities promoting energy storage. Primary activities include:
- Department of Energy – increasing public investments in storage research, development, and demonstration across the full suite of technologies and programs, including at the National Laboratories, oriented toward industry priorities
- Department of Commerce – promoting U.S. storage industry members to foreign governments and investors, addressing tariffs and other trade concerns
- Department of Treasury – informing IRS guidance on treatment of storage projects for tax credits, depreciation, and other matters
- Department of Defense – incorporating storage into mission assurance efforts, focused on procurements for military installations
- Office of Science & Technology Policy – incorporating storage into White House policy priorities
ESA also undertakes significant engagement at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission,
—learn more about our work at FERC.