ESA and a broad range of stakeholders support a 30% ITC that includes stand-alone energy storage technologies. Bipartisan, bicameral Energy Storage Tax Incentive and Deployment Act (S. 1142 & H.R. 2096) would accomplish just that.
What you can do to support passage of an ITC for stand-alone storage:
- Download the #StorageITC Toolkit for sample letters, call scripts, & social media posts to use >>
- Have a good story to tell about what the #StorageITC would mean for your business? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write or call Congress and tell them how important storage is to you:
ESA’s message to Congress is simple. Pass the storage ITC now.
- Congress needs to pass a national Investment Tax Credit now for energy storage. This is a common-sense policy that creates jobs, grows the economy and improves America’s energy reliability and resilience.
- The energy storage industry is fast becoming America’s next economic and jobs engine. We need Congress to pass a national storage Investment Tax Credit now that continues this growth to modernize our infrastructure, grow our economy and create new jobs in communities across the U.S.
- States and cities are setting renewable energy targets and storage must be part of these plans. The Investment Tax Credit is one of the most successful clean energy policies in history. Passing an ITC now for energy storage will ensure climate actions succeed across the US.
- Congress needs to unlock the Investment Tax Credit now to level the playing field for energy storage technologies. We don’t want to pick winners and losers in this clean energy transition.
Get involved. Contact email@example.com
Voices of support for an ITC for stand-alone energy storage:
- Sen. Gardner (R-CO), Sen. Collins (R-ME), & Sen. Heinrich (D-NM) July 2019 letter to Congressional leadership >>
- Joint clean energy industries April 2019 letter of support >>
- California state legislators Aug 2019 letter to Speaker Pelosi >>
- Massachusetts state legislators Sep 2019 letter to House Ways & Means Chair Neal >>
- Northeastern clean energy industries June 2019 letter of support >>
- National environmental organizations April 2019 letter of support >>
- Senate Democrats March 2019 letter to Minority Leader Schumer >>
- Letters of support in the Senate Finance Energy Task Force Aug 2019 report >>
- Joint faith-based organizations’ September 2019 letter of support