May 15, 2019
StoragePLUS Network: StoragePLUS Wind
Energy storage systems introduce increased flexibility into the electric grid and end use of energy. In the third of ESA’s StoragePLUS Network webinars, we discussed the opportunities and benefits of coupling these two technologies, some examples and case studies of such projects, and what the future can hold for couplings of these two energy technologies. The American Wind Energy Association will address use cases for storagePLUS wind applications and Siemens Gamesa, a leader in the wind industry, will provide examples of hybrid applications for wind and storage.
In this webinar, we discussed:
- Benefits of pairing energy storage and wind in planning and operation,
- How storage can improve the performance characteristics of wind projects and how they integrate with the grid, and
- About innovative projects that have leveraged the benefits of each technology to meet energy needs.
- John Hensley, Vice President for Research & Analytics, American Wind Energy Association
- Christine Grey, Head of Hybrid Systems for the Americas, Siemens Gamesa