April 10, 2020
U.S. Energy Storage Association Elects 2020-21 Board Members
WASHINGTON, D.C., April 10, 2020 –The U.S. Energy Storage Association (ESA), the national trade association for companies for the American energy storage industry, announced today its 2020-21 board members.
The 2020-2021 ballot included six candidates for consideration by the full membership. While voting was scheduled to take place at ESA’s 2020 Annual Energy Storage Conference & Expo in Pittsburgh this month, the ballot was cast electronically due to the postponement of the conference until August 26-28.
Directors elected for the first time are:
- Javier Cavada, Highview Power
- Kelli Joseph, Clearway Energy
- Jonathan Landy, Duke Energy
- Roger Lin, NEC Energy Solutions
- Joel Newton, NextEra Energy, Inc.
- Christopher Tilley, ENGIE Storage
Directors whose ESA terms are ongoing:
- Julie Blunden, EVgo
- Jacquie DeRosa, Ameresco
- John D. Hewa, Rappahannock Electric Cooperative (incoming Chair)
- Kiran Kumaraswamy, Fluence
- Benjamin Lowe, Roland Berger
- Troy Miller, GE Renewable Energy (immediate Past Chair)
- Kate McKeever, RWE
- Peter Muhoro, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (CFC)
- Polly Shaw, Shaw Consulting
ESA wishes to thank the following outgoing board members for their unwavering service to ESA:
- Craig R. Horne, Ph.D., Swinerton Renewable Energy
- Zachary Kuznar, Ph.D., Duke Energy
- Juliana Mandell, ENGIE Storage
- Charlie Post, Pacific Gas and Electric Company
“We are grateful to our outgoing board members who have served ESA through the extraordinary period of growth and change the storage industry has experienced in the past few years,” said Kelly Speakes-Backman, CEO of ESA. “We are equally excited to welcome the new leaders from across the storage value chain to our board. Each member represents a unique and valuable perspective to our leadership. In the midst of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, their leadership will be more important than ever as we work to expand ESA’s influence, protect our industry and its employees and ultimately continue the rapid growth of the energy storage market.”
With the election of the board for the 2020-2021 cycle, vice chair for 2019-2020, John D. Hewa, Rappahannock Electric Cooperative, became Board Chair, and former Chair Troy Miller, GE Renewable Energy, became Immediate Past Chair. Officer elections for Vice Chair, Treasurer and Secretary will be held in the coming weeks. The elected appointments are held for one year.
More information on ESA’s Board of Directors
is available at: www.energystorage.org/about/board-of-directors
About U.S. Energy Storage Association
The U.S. Energy Storage Association (ESA) is the national trade association dedicated to energy storage, working toward a more resilient, efficient, sustainable and affordable electricity grid – as is uniquely enabled by energy storage. With more than 190 members, ESA represents a diverse group of companies, including independent power producers, electric utilities, energy service companies, financiers, insurers, law firms, installers, manufacturers, component suppliers and integrators involved in deploying energy storage systems around the globe.